|Photo by Lisa DeShantz-Cook|
2017 has been a vast year of change for The Dance COLEctive. I have continued to teach, make work and perform while settling into a new mission and organizational structure. This has meant looking forward through new lenses, seeking new opportunities and tackling new challenges. As I continue to move forward I know that the organizational changes we made were timely, necessary and in line with the rapidly changing landscape of the arts.
So far, 2018 is set to bring:
- Monday’s with Margi
- A Residency and Choreographic Commission at Riverside Brookfield High School
- A Residency and Choreographic Commission at Stevenson High School
- Performance and Teaching at the RAD Festival inKalamazoo, MI
- Teaching through Synapse Arts at Loyola Park in Chicago
- Solo Swaps
- A new visual identity
- A rehearsal residency and fall concert made possible by Dovetail Studios' subsidized space residency
You can keep track of what is happening on the calendar page at www.margicole.com.
Even though things have changed, TDC continues to maintain a presence here and beyond. Thank you for your participation in the audience, in the studio, on the stage and through your donations, which are a vital part of the work we do. If you would like to make a year-end contribution click here. Your contribution, big or small, will help keep us thinking, making and moving!
Wishing you a happy and prosperous new year!
You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. ~ Steve Jobs